Skip to main content

Scavenger hunt: Challenge 2


1.            What is the context of "embedded journalist"? When was it first used? Who created the term?
2.             _______________ is the only pope honored by Turkey a Muslim nation. His statue stands at center of a city square of ______________.
3.            Who designed the tallest building in Hong Kong?
4.            In September 11, 2001, two commercial airplanes commandeered by terrorist crashed and destroyed the World Trade Center in New York. Is this the first time that an airplane crashed into a skyscraper in New York?
5.            __________ is the tallest building in the world. It is located in ____________. The construction started in ________ and was finished_________.
6.            What is the meaning of tundra? Why is the Bush administration so interested with exploring and exploiting the tundra?
7.            Draw in a diagram form the metamorphosis of an "urban legend"

ITEMS
ANSWER
URL
SEARCH ENGINE
SEARCH TECHNIQUE
1.
Embedded journalism refers to news reporters being attached to military units involved in armed conflicts. It first came to be used in the media coverage of the 2003 invasion of Iraq. While the term could be applied to many historical interactions between journalists and military personnel.
http://answers.wikia.com/wiki/What_is_the_context_of_embedded_journalist,_when_was_it_first_used_and_who_created_the_term
Google.com
Phrase Searching and Pseudo-Boolean Logic
2.
Pope Benedict XV's statute stands in the courtyard of St Esprit Cathedral, Istanbul, Turkey
http://www.answers.com/Q/Who_is_the_only_pope_honored_by_Turkey_a_Muslim_nation
Google.com
Boolean Logic
3.
The tower was designed by the American architectural firm Kohn Pedersen Fox Associates (KPF) in association with Wong & Ouyang (HK) Ltd.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Commerce_Centre
Google.com
Boolean Logic
4.
No. The B-25 Mitchell bomber crashes into the Empire State Building in 1945, killing 14 people.
https://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/plane-crashes-into-empire-state-building
Google.com
Phrase Searching
5.
Burj Khalifa is the tallest building in the world. It is located in Dubai, UAE. The construction started in 2004 and was finished in 2009.
https://leslistes.net/top-10-tallest-buildings/
Google.com
Phrase Searching
6.
Tundra is a type of biome where the tree growth is hindered by low temperatures and short growing seasons. Because the Bush administration is interested in exploring and exploiting any and all potential oil opportunities.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tundra
https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20060829011741AAzIqRX&guccounter=1
Google.com
Phrase Searching

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reflection (Second Quarter)

    Another quarter has passed, and another new knowledge that have been gained. This second quarter, students are ready and hoping that new lessons will be added to their knowledge and exciting activities that they will do again. And I was not disappointed because this second quarter I have learned all about internet access and the HTML.            The lessons of this quarter is easy for me to understand because I was super interested in it. I may have encountered probems but I easily coped up with it and went on. At the first lesson I did not understand it at first but I thrived to learn and I asked my classmates what's all about the lesson and I understood it easily. And for the basic HTML it was easy for me and I love coding. It easily registered in my mind and didn't even have to memorize or review it because there's a trick about it.             Moving on, I will keep what I am doing because it's a good practice and I will do my best to keep it. I will ho

Reflection (4th Quarter)

Fourth Quarter, the school year is about to end and my junior year is also near to end. It's sad and happy at the same time. It's happy because I will finally finish my junior year and it's sad because I will miss a lot of happy and sad memories of my junior year. It's also sad because some of us will go to different schools for the senior year. This fourth quarter we haven't had a lot of time to study our lessons in different subjects because we practiced a lot for our field demo for the High School Day celebration. And we are also practicing our cheerdance that is a requirement for our P.E. in M.A.PE.H. For me, it was so tiring but it's fun to dance. “The greater the obstacle, the more glory in overcoming it.”  ― Molière I also encountered challenges this fourth quarter because we are loaded with activities, projects, quizzes, and thematic assessments. I also complain sometimes but I always tell myself that I can do this all. I will also miss my t

Freedom of the Philippines

          Philippines, a country that experienced many pains and hardships. A country that has many brave and strong Filipinos who joined together to fight and claim their rights and freedom to live the way they want to be. But the catch is, are we really free? Are we really acclaiming the efforts that our ancestors did?          The Philippine islands were first colonized by the Spanish men. In this time, many Filipinos became slaves and many Filipinos were hurt and abused. But there were brave ones who fought their rights but not only their rights, they fought for the freedom of the country.       Americans were there to help also. And after that, Philippines became a self governing commonwealth. But, Japanese came and they were here to seize the Philippines. Americans and Filipinos joined together to fight with the Japanese and to regain the control of the Philippines and they were successful. And the Republic of the Philippines regained again the freedom.